Status Update:

Current location: Bochum / Germany

50 countries, 1226 days, trip mileage: 124200 km

4 Feb 2008

Trip-prep holiday

So I've taken some holiday this week in order to prepare a few things for the trip – most importantly my web-page and some phone calls to embassies. It's been a fair while since I last designed a web-page, but luckily Dreamweaver didn't change too much over the past few years. Still, it took me about half a day to get back into it.

Trying to find the right font for the "panomoto" logo, I fired up Fontbook on my Mac & added some fonts that had been hybernating on my hard-drive since my old pre-press/artworker days... bad idea! As a result, Safari didn't display some webpages' text properly – wikipedia, for example looked like everything was written in greek letters. Fun...

Once I got everything working nicely again, I settled for the old "Gill Sans" font and added the "planet earth" illustration to the logo. Not the newest idea, but it looks alright & does the job for a travel website.