Status Update:

Current location: Bochum / Germany

50 countries, 1226 days, trip mileage: 124200 km

2 Mar 2008

Panniers back on - time for some pictures for the website

Spent a good hour or so trying to get the pannier frames back onto the bike, so I could take some photographs for the 'bike' section of this website. I had taken them off the last 5-6 months to make commuting & filtering through London traffic a bit easier. Putting them back on really should have been a 20 minute job – but because the whole pannier frame is a pretty tight fit, one of the subframe bolts was difficult to get into the thread.

However, something good came out of it as I got to know one of my neighbors, Zel, a little better. I had seen him now & then, but never spoke to him. Whilst helping me out a little, we ended up chatting for a bit - very nice chap. Turns out he's muslim, from London but with family roots in India. When I told him I'd be travelling through some muslim countries, he said he'd give me a good book about Islam and the Koran, which I'm looking forward to read.